Your Easy Fundraising Toolkit
Below, you will find everything you need to make fundraising fun and easy!
Before You Begin Fundraising
- Update your personal page with a picture and story letting others know why you are participating.
- Donate to yourself to get your thermometer off $0. Even a small donation sends the message that you are committed to the cause.
- Download and print an offline donation form or brochure to carry around with you.
- Watch this short video on logging offline donations in your Participant Center.
- Bookmark your personal page on your mobile device so you can easily pull it up when someone wants to make a donation to you (make sure you are logged out before someone else donates though).
- Familiarize yourself with the importance of fundraising so you can tell potential donors what their donation would help do.
- Remind friends and family that you are fundraising. On average, it takes 3 asks before someone remembers to donate!
- Use sample emails in your Participant Center to make sending messages to friends and family super easy!
- Keep your fundraising goal updated. People are more likely to donate to help you reach your goal than they are if you have already surpassed it. Once you reach your goal, set a new one! Remember, there is no penalty for not hitting the level you set.
- Update others on your progress - donors like seeing what they have helped contribute to, and they might even be willing to make another donation to help you reach your goal.
- Share your personal page on social media (from your page, scroll down and click on the buttons in the "Share" area).
Other Helpful Links
- 2017 Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk Team Leader Guide
- Find out what the money you raise helps do and begin earning fundraising badges on your personal page.
- Check out the fundraising incentive items for various levels of fundraising.
Easy Fundraising Success Plans
Below are a few easy fundraising plans to help you get started today.
Here are 14 ways to raise $100:
- Ask four family members to sponsor you for $25.
- Ask four friends to sponsor you for $25.
- Ask five co-workers to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask five co-workers to sponsor you for $10 and ask your employer to match your and the other employees' contributions with a $50 donation.
- Sponsor yourself for $100
- Sponsor yourself $50 and ask your employer to match your donation.
- Ask five people from your place of worship to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask five people from a community group you belong to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask five neighbors to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask four businesses you frequent to donate $25 (e.g. your doctors, dentist, hair dresser, dry cleaners, restaurant, etc.).
- Challenge 10 of your email contacts to sponsor you for $10. We provide you with pre-written email templates and the ability to upload and email your contacts through our online Participant Center after you have registered.
- Challenge 10 of your social media followers to donate $10. We provide you with social media graphics.
- Hold an eBay sale, garage sale, bake sale or host a movie night for family/friends and charge admission (i.e. a suggested donation).
- Hold a restaurant fundraiser. — There are thousands of restaurant chains and local restaurants across the country that will donate a portion of your group's restaurant bill to PCOS Challenge, Inc.
- Do a combination of the above that is easiest for you.
— Contact us if you like to set up an Restaurant fundraiser.
We'd love to hear about the successes and fun you've had in your fundraising. Please email us your success stories.