Where Funds Go
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) affects over seven million women in the U.S. and hundreds of millions globally. It is one of the most critical, under-diagnosed, underfunded and neglected areas of health, leading to infertility, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer. By supporting the Bolt for PCOS 5K Run Walk, you will become a champion for one of the most important issues affecting women’s health. Your support will make a huge difference in the lives of tens-of-thousands of women as proceeds from the Bolt for PCOS race will go toward PCOS research, health screenings, grants, education and support programs, as well as increasing awareness and public support for those with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Your support will help improve health outcomes, health management and quality of care for women with PCOS.
PCOS SUPPORT PROGRAMS
PROVIDES ANSWERS, RESOURCES AND ONGOING SUPPORT
- Helps fund online and offline support programs that over 40,000 women and girls depend on to help overcome their symptoms and reduce their risk for life-threatening related diseases.
ADDRESSES GAPS RELATED TO CARE AND TREATMENT
- Helps provide vital live educational programs for over 1,000 patients and healthcare professionals across the U.S. each year. These programs address seven identified education and healthcare practice gaps adversely impacting millions of women and girls with PCOS.
HELPS SAVE LIVES
- Women with PCOS constitute the largest group of women at risk for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Your support helps provide health screenings to identify and reduce PCOS patients’ risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke.
GRANTS & RESEARCH
IMPROVES ACCESS, CARE AND QUALITY OF LIFE
- Helps PCOS Challenge provide grants for women and girls with PCOS in medical and financial need to assist with the costs of services not covered by insurance such as nutrition counseling, fertility treatments and hair and skin treatments.
- PCOS Challenge is partnered with many of the leading PCOS research centers globally. Your support helps with recruiting and important research efforts.