Bolt for PCOS 5K - Frequently Asked Questions
Registration & Getting Started
IS THE REGISTRATION FEE REFUNDABLE?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the event we cannot refund registration fees for any reason.
I'VE REGISTERED FOR THE RUN/WALK. WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Begin by logging into your Participant Center. Here you'll find options to set a personal or team fundraising goal, design your page and add photos, create a personal URL, etc. Instructions are included for all options. (Team Leaders set team fundraising goals.) In the Participant Center, you will also see donations made toward your fundraising goal as well as an email tool to request donations and/or thank those who have donated.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL WALKER?
The Virtual Walker registration / participation type is for those individuals who would like to show their support for women and girls with polycystic ovary syndrome, but are unable to attend the live Bolt for PCOS event. As a Virtual Walker, you can participate from wherever you are. There are a number of easy ways that you can do this including:
- Walking around your neighborhood
- Going to the gym and using the elliptical or treadmill
- Going to a local park or track
- Organizing a team of friends, family members, co-workers or women with PCOS to walk with you and represent your city or state.
If you are unable to walk 5K or 3.1 miles, walk as far as you can, even if it's only a few blocks or one lap around the park or track. The important thing is to take the first step. Together we can change the future for women and girls with PCOS.
WHAT DO I RECEIVE AS A VIRTUAL WALKER?
Your registration fee gives you access to your online Participant Center and fundraising tools. If you raise $100 or more, PCOS Challenge will mail you a race package and an Official Bolt for PCOS T-Shirt. Please note, your registration fee does NOT count toward your fundraising total. By registering as a Virtual Walker, you also have the opportunity to qualify for our great fundraising incentives!
CAN I CREATE A TEAM?
Yes! When you register, you will see an option to start a new team or join an existing team. To help support our teams, we have provided team resources to ensure your fundraising success!
I CHOSE TO CREATE A TEAM. HOW DO I GET PEOPLE TO JOIN?
Contact anyone you'd like to invite to join your team. Send them the URL link to your team page and let them know that they need to click the "JOIN A TEAM" button. Alternatively, they can visit pcos5k.org and search for your team by the team name and then click the "Join" button. Each person will need to register and provide their contact information and other required run/walk information as well as pay the registration fee. You will also find a lot of helpful tips for growing and managing your team in our Team Leader Guide.
DO I HAVE TO BE A PART OF A TEAM TO PARTICIPATE?
No, you are welcome to register as an individual! The team registration option allows multiple people to register as a part of the team so that their fundraising efforts will all count toward the team's total. Whether you register as an individual or on a team, you may run or walk at your own pace.
I ACCIDENTALLY REGISTERED AS AN INDIVIDUAL. HOW DO I JOIN OR START A TEAM?
You can join an existing team by logging into your Participant Center and clicking on the "Change Your Team Membership" link in the right navigation menu. Next, search for the team that you would like to join. Finally, click the "Join Team" button next to the team that you would like to join. If you would like to start a new time, contact us and we will get you added to the correct team or help you start a new team.
ARE THERE TRAINING GROUPS AVAILABLE?
Yes, TBA! If you would like to form a training group in your area please contact us to let us know.
IS THERE A RUN/WALK DAY PACKAGE?
Yes, we have a race bag for all participants, a Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk t-shirt for those who raise more than $100 and a race bib. Please note, your registration fee does NOT count toward your fundraising total.
MY COMPANY OR EMPLOYER WANTS TO PAY FOR MULTIPLE PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE. IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Yes, this is possible! The easiest way to do this is to contact us and we will set this up in the way that works best for you.
CAN I REGISTER MORE THAN ONE PERSON AT A TIME?
Yes, but each person must have a unique registration. In other words, when entering a name, you may only enter one name at a time. Once you reach the confirmation page for a registration, you will see an option to "Register Another Participant." If you choose to register another person, you will then be able to enter his/her information, register additional people if desired, and pay for all registrations in one transaction.
I REGISTERED MORE THAN ONE PERSON WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR THE RACE. HOW DO I OBTAIN LOGIN INFORMATION FOR THOSE INDIVIDUALS SO THEY CAN CREATE THEIR PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGES?
Please contact us and provide the following information: Event: (ex. Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk) Name of Runner: (ex. Jane Smith) Desired Username: (ex. jsmith) Desired Password: (ex. Bolt5k90) Runner's email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Passwords must only contain letters, numbers, and underscores, and are case sensitive. Passwords can be changed after setup. You will be sent a confirmation message to the email address provided when the account has been set up.
DO I HAVE TO REGISTER ONLINE?
It is preferred that all event registrations go through our website; however, If you need assistance, we would be happy to register you by phone up until the online registration deadline . Please call us at 404-855-7244. The exception to this is if you plan on registering the morning of the event. "Day of" registration will be available for $40.
DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO REGISTER?
Yes, everyone who will be participating in the Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk event must complete a separate registration. This allows us to better prepare for the total number of people attending, as well as for the safety and benefit of all participants. Everyone participating needs to agree to the waiver during the registration process. Anyone without a Bolt for PCOS 5K bib will be directed off the course. "Day of" registration will be available for $40.
I AM TRYING TO REGISTER ONLINE BUT KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT I AM ALREADY REGISTERED. WHAT DO I DO?
Be sure that you are not already signed in as a user. If someone else used the same computer to register, he/she may still be logged in and the website will think you have already registered. Look at the top of the website. If you see a "Log out" button, click that and then try again. If you are still having trouble, please contact us.
Donations & Fundraising
IS THE REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDED IN MY FUNDRAISING TOTAL?
No, the fundraising total only includes donations made by you or on your behalf.
WHY IS THE REGISTRATION FEE NOT TAX-DEDUCTIBLE?
The fee to participate in our events covers event-related expenses. Since you are receiving goods and services in return for your payment, this amount is not tax-deductible.
DO I HAVE TO RAISE $100 TO RECEIVE A T-SHIRT?
Yes, in order to receive the Official Bolt for PCOS T-Shirt, we are asking people to raise at least $100. However, we do have other PCOS shirts available in the PCOS symposium online store. Please note, your registration fee does NOT count toward your fundraising total.
Here are 14 ways to raise $100:
- Ask four family members to sponsor you for $25.
- Ask four friends to sponsor you for $25.
- Ask five co-workers to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask five co-workers to sponsor you for $10 and ask your employer to match your and the other employees' contributions with a $50 donation.
- Sponsor yourself for $100
- Sponsor yourself $50 and ask your employer to match your donation.
- Ask five people from your place of worship to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask five people from a community group you belong to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask five neighbors to sponsor you for $20.
- Ask four businesses you frequent to donate $25 (e.g. your doctors, dentist, hair dresser, dry cleaners, restaurant, etc.).
- Challenge 10 of your email contacts to sponsor you for $10. We provide you with pre-written email templates and the ability to upload and email your contacts through our online Participant Center after you have registered.
- Challenge 10 of your social media followers to donate $10. We provide you with social media graphics.
- Hold an eBay sale, garage sale, bake sale or host a movie night for family/friends and charge admission (i.e. a suggested donation).
- Do a combination of the above that is easiest for you.
- Our events are as much about raising awareness as they are about fundraising. The more people that we can get talking about PCOS through fundraising activities, the more others will become aware of the condition and its impact on women and girls. Also, the more we can get people talking about PCOS, the more others will recognize the signs and symptoms which in-turn will help more women and girls get diagnosed. Lastly, it will also help create more supporters and advocates for the cause.
- Support from individuals like you is critically important because despite being one of the most common human disorders and 50-70% of women and girls going undiagnosed, PCOS support organizations receive less than 0.1% of the government, corporate, foundation and community funding that other major health conditions receive. Every dollar raised makes a life-changing difference! For more information, see For more information, see Why Fundraising Matters.
HOW DO I LOG OFFLINE DONATIONS AND HAVE RECEIPTS SENT TO DONORS?
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
The Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk will be held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather. Here is a handy guide.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY?
7:15am - Vendor Setup
7:45am Check-In/Onsite Late Registration
8:30am - Opening Ceremony
8:40am - Warm Up
9:00am - 5K Start
9:30am - 0.54 Mile Fun Run Start
11:00am - Awards Presentation
WHAT IS THE ROUTE FOR THE COURSE?
You will find a map of the course below.
ARE STROLLERS AND WHEELCHAIRS ALLOWED?
Yes, strollers and wheelchairs are allowed. However, it is important to note that there are some hills throughout the race route.