How to Build Your Team
Participating as a team is the best way to get the most out of the Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk. A team inspires more people, helps you stay organized and raises more money! Teams can represent your business, practice, school, neighborhood, gym, faith-based or community organization, and will align you with one of the most important causes impacting women's health today!
- Set a recruitment goal and recruit runners/walkers who are committed to participating and raising money for PCOS Challenge and women and girls affected by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Get team members registered! Send a personal email with a link to pcos5k.org so that your teammates can get started!
- Set a team fundraising goal and ask each teammate to raise a specific amount of money to help achieve that goal.
- Challenge at least two motivated runners/walkers on the team to raise at least $500!
- Educate your teammates on the mission of PCOS Challenge and how the organization impacts the community and women and girls affected by PCOS.
- Check out the Fundraising Toolkit page for tips on how to ask friends and family to support your goal. Also, view our Team Leader Guide for additional tips that will help ensure your team's success.
- Motivate each of your teammates to achieve their personal fundraising goal! Remind them to personalize their fundraising page and directing them to the fundraising tips which include sample emails, Facebook/Twitter tips and much more!
- Encourage walkers from start to finish! They need your help to succeed! Identify any team members who have been touched by PCOS or PCOS Challenge and ask them to share their inspiring story with other participants.
- Don’t forget to recognize your teammates for progressing towards and achieving their goals.
- Celebrate your team’s success at the Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk on Sunday, September 17, 2017!
Where does the money go?
All funds raised by teams during the Bolt for PCOS 5K Run/Walk will go to support the mission and services of PCOS Challenge, Inc.
Quick tips for fundraising
- If you are part of a team at work, put a donation box on your desk.
- Consider organizing a bake sale, car wash or a garage/eBay sale to raise more funds for your team.
- Write a personal letter to your friends and family and explain why raising money for this cause is so important to you. Sample text is included in your Participant Center, but don't forget to make your appeals personal. The more people know this is from your heart, the more likely they are to give!